Saturday, May 21, 2011

Ghetto Cars

You know the ones. They're fifteen years old yet sport a spoiler in back, and as they drive by, you can hear the WHUMP-WHUMP-WHUMP of the bass from their $1200 stereo system before you see them. The owners do not know the concept of a muffler, and if they're fancy enough to have a muffler, the engine is so loud that it really doesn't matter.

No, ghetto car drivers, you are not cool. You are ghetto. This is not to berate those who drive fifteen-year-old clunkers. I've driven one myself. I berate the people who deliberately make their cars as loud as they can make them, then drive by my house and wake up my sleeping baby, after it took me twenty minutes to get her to sleep. If you can spend that much money tricking out your car (is that even the term?), can you not put the money towards, I don't know, a better car?

It's funny how things that just sort of annoyed you before, can now enrage you when there is a child in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment